NOW HIRING LIFEGUARDS!!!
SEE DESCRIPTIONS BELOW
** Applications will be accepted and reviewed as-needed throughout the season **
Under general supervision, ensures the safety and comfort of members of an outdoor aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies and providing excellent customer service.
Maintains staff and member safety, order, and discipline at the assigned aquatics facilities. Performs emergency water-rescue techniques to assist persons in distress, applies CPR, and administers standard first aid when necessary. Assists in the implementation of aquatics programs and special events. Explains and interprets operational and programmatic rules and regulations to pool patrons; enforces or refers enforcement to proper authorities. Ensures general safety, cleanliness, and appearance of club amenities including pool, pool areas, restrooms, showers, and concession areas when able to do so without distraction from lifeguarding responsibilities. Performs related work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
2. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
3. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
4. Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
5. Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
6. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized professional source of training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Please download, complete, and forward an application and provide any supporting materials (resume, certifications, etc.).